AMAN is an advocacy body working at the national level to secure equal rights and protections for Australian Muslims. We do this by building key relationships across Parliament and government, and leveraging expertise to problem solve complex issues.
As a specialist advocacy and policy development body, we work alongside existing Muslim peaks and community representative bodies to boost their efforts, support unified submissions, and influence strategic decision makers.
We are an active, participating member of the Alliance of Australian Muslims, which involves 200 organisations nationwide.
Our first project is about counteracting online hate, dehumanisation, and disinformation through
- Research and analysis, including through partnering with researchers in Australia and overseas.
- Engaging with Australian institutions charged with monitoring media integrity and digital platform safety.
- Engaging directly and constructively with digital platforms.
- Making sure Australia’s civil and criminal laws are fit to deter incitement to hatred and violence, as well as hate crimes that target individuals, schools and mosques.
- Understanding blockers in reporting to anti-discrimination, police, national security and cyber safety channels.