AMAN is an advocacy body working at the national level to secure equal rights and protections for Australian Muslims. We do this by building key relationships across Parliament and government, and leveraging expertise to problem solve complex issues.
We work nationally and internationally, recently becoming an official participant of the Christchurch Call to Action Advisory Group and engaging with the Facebook Oversight Board.
We are an active, participating member of the Alliance of Australian Muslims, which involves 200 organisations nationwide, as well as the Australian Hate Crime Network. We work very closely with the Islamophobia Register Australia.
Our first project is about counteracting online hate, dehumanisation, and disinformation through
- Testing the effectiveness of Australian laws by making referrals to police and running litigation via anti-discrimination frameworks.
- Engaging with Australian institutions charged with monitoring media integrity and digital platform safety.
- Engaging directly and constructively with digital platforms on solutions.
- Dialoguing directly with Parliament and Government on policy.
- Research and analysis, including through partnering with researchers in Australia and overseas.
AMAN has never received CVE funding or government funding in general. AMAN relies on community donations. If you can support our efforts, please email the AMAN Secretary.